Tarrant County to require MASKS thru Aug. 3rd

• Chamber Staff

Tarrant County will require face masks at all businesses amid surge of COVID-19 cases through August 3rd.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/news/coronavirus/article243787272.html#storylink=cpy

• Well in today’s City of Fort Worth Update we are now required to wear masks in Tarrant County. The Tarrant County Medical Society Dr. Rogers and Dr. Baily of the American Medical Association right here in Tarrant County were part of the program and announcement too. Wearing a mask helps prevent the spread of the virus. If you wear a mask you can be a good, caring friend and it is the compassionate thing to do. Dr. Baily mentioned that they are following the science and research, which is a process and a journey to find a cure and vaccine. It is not just for big Cities. the Burleson Mayor and Arlington Mayor were at the meeting along with our own Mayor Betsy Price. It a “not want to” it is a “MUST HAVE TO” now. The important things to remember is 1) Wear the mask 2) Wash your hands 3) Keep social distancing. Remember masking is a tool to fight the virus so join the team and wear the mask. Fort Worth is a city that fights to win and waring the mask can help. Join the team - wear the mask.

• I certainly don’t mind wearing a mask when I go into places. All though I’d like to see what masks are the most effective? If you’re not sick, but wear one, can it really filter out the “infected” air? Seems like only the ones with filters can actually do that… Regarless, I’m wearing one until they figure all this out. 🙂

• According to what Dr. Rogers said this morning that wearing a mask helps prevent the spread of infection. He told a story of a hair dress in MO that wore a mask and cut 140+ peoples hair and no one got COVID the other part of the story was a woman in Florida went out with her friends to a bar with no mask and all 16 people got the virus. It fog’s up my glasses when I wear it but we are required to wear it here at the Sheraton. We also started taking temperatures. I am tired of this virus and want to go back to business as the new normal. If wearing a masks helps. Count me part of the team.